Okay...I admit it. They are the 7-Up Biscuits that have been all over the Internet for quite sometime. This is so not my original recipe but, frankly, I can't for the life of me figure out who to thank for these babies. As you will see, however, I did put a small spin on them.
A few simple ingredients and a few minutes is all it takes for awesome biscuits....
I am not a good biscuit maker. Canned biscuits have always been my friend. So what made me try my hand at biscuits? On a Thursday night? Why the monthly Improv challenge, of course. Sponsored by Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker, the monthly Improv challenges us to take two assigned seasonal ingredients and make something wonderful. This month's theme? Lemon and Lime!
A few simple ingredients (including your favorite lemon-lime soda!) results in the best tasting biscuits ever!
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.; spread the melted butter in a 9" baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cut the sour cream into the baking mix. Add the soda and the lemon and lime zest, and stir just until the mixture is combined (it will be sticky).
- Generously flour a large sheet of parchment paper or a silicone mat. Scrape the dough onto the prepared surface and sprinkle with more flour. Gently roll out the dough. Make 9 biscuits, using a 2 3/4-inch biscuit cutter. Arrange the biscuits in the prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: biscuits, easy, bisquick, 7-Up, lemon, lime
The added lemon and lime zest brightens up the flavor...
Easily double the recipe and use a 9 x 13-inch pan, if desired.
It doesn't get much better.....
Check out what everyone else is making with Lemon and Lime: