Amazingly, as soon as I wrote "hot and humid", it cooled down to 60 degrees. I will welcome pumpkin season, but not just yet. Shoot...there are still some good peaches to be had! I found a couple in the fridge that had to be dealt with and came up with this very quick and easy galette.
Ok..I'll admit that this is the same formula as my Pillsbury Bake-Off recipe...fruit, jam, pie crust..so easy!
Peach and Blueberry Galette
Make it easy, but elegant, with this Peach and Blueberry Galette.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened per package directions
- 1/2 cup reduced sugar apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoons sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pie crust on the pan. In a medium bowl, stir together the jam, flour, and cinnamon. Carefully, fold in the peaches and the blueberries. Spoon mixture onto the crust within 2 inches from the edge. Fold edge of crust over filling, pleating as necessary. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with two teaspoons of water. Lightly brush crust edge with the egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 17 to 23 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling. Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Total time: 33 mins.
Tags: blueberries, peaches, easy, summer, dessert, pie crust, sparkling sugar, tart, galette, crostata
Love the sparkly sugar....
It's hard to beat a Pillsbury pie crust when you need something quick...I keep them in the fridge for that very reason. Go ahead and try some different fruits and jam...the combinations are endless. Raspberries, strawberries, blackberries....they are all good!
What's your favorite end of Summer fruit?