I don't know about you, but I'm still recuperating from the July 4th weekend...I've got quite the food hangover. The weather was perfect here...just right for grilling. Doesn't food just taste better on the grill? I actually had a little help with my burgers this weekend. Red Gold Tomatoes sent me a little grilling package to liven them up! Am I lucky or what?!
Look at this cute little six pack of diced tomatoes...and I scored an apron and some recipes, too!
Red Gold Tomatoes just kicked off their Summer Grillin' Party part II. What does this mean for you? Just head on over to their Facebook Page and enter for a chance to win a Big Green Egg (!) or one of 4000 aprons that will be given away!
Of course, that's not all. Red Gold was nice enough to offer one of my readers a grilling kit just like the one pictured above, complete with an apron and a slew of great recipes. I'll give you the details in just a bit. First, I'd like to share this awesome recipe for Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burgers.
This is easy peasy...brush on a little pesto and stuff 'em with some diced tomatoes...so tasty!
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom Burger
Fresh veggies fill this wonderful meatless burger. Made with Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil.
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stem and gills removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small yellow bell pepper to taste
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Oil, drained very well
- 4 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine olive oil, pesto, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Brush each mushroom cap with the oil mixture.
- Grill mushroom caps, rounded side up, for about 4 minutes. While cooking, combine bell pepper, 2/3 of the Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil, and spinach in a mixing bowl. turn mushrooms over and fill with tomato mixture. Cover and grill for 3 more minutes. Place a piece of cheese on each mushroom, covering tomatoes, and grill 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Place a whole wheat bun that has been spread with Garlic Aioli--1/4 cup light mayonnaise and 1/3 cup Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Olive Oil, drained.
Total time: 20 mins.
For the carnivores in the group, I made some Spicy Tomato Burgers. I ate both versions....
For the Spicy Tomato Burgers, simply mix a well-drained can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chiles with one pound of ground beef.
And now for the giveaway! Simply leave a comment telling me which of the Red Gold Burger recipes is your favorite. You can find the recipes right here: Burger Recipes. Then register your email address with the Rafflecopter widget (no worries...no one else will see it). I'll have Rafflecopter randomly choose a winner on
Sunday, July 13th Tuesday, July 15th. Contest will end on Monday, July 14th at 11:59 PM CST.
Disclosure: I was given some product, recipes, and an apron. All opinions are my own.